Introduction Protocol for New Players
GIVE THE RECRUIT A WARM WELCOME!
Say HELLO! Make a new player feel at home and let him/her know that you will help setting up the things to make his/her game life a bit easier. Find out why the recruit has applied. Also tell them who we are, what we stand for (our motto) and send them to the website kronos-dotd.com in order to learn about our guild rules. If they agree with the rules, accept the application and get to the next step.
GET IN TOUCH WITH THE RECRUIT
KONG GUILD CHAT
Direct recruits to our Kong guild chatroom, which we use for any current discussions and chatter (be aware that they might have to clear their cache memory to be able to join the guild room on Kong). Apart from that, add them to your DotD Army to be able to contact them directly via PM in WC to help set up communications.
Do not leave the new recruit alone with these tasks, as it can be a long way to go with technical difficulties scattered across the road
Help the recruit install Mutik’s script to handle their raids. Chrome requires Tampermonkey, FireFox requires Greasemonkey, google them and send the link to the applicant. Then give them the link for mutik http://tinyurl.com/ocudpjr . Show them basic features (import&join, /raid x, game reload button).
Assist the recruit in entering the alliance chat and inform them about its purpose.
Now that the organizational parts are clear, we have to assist the new player in getting the maximum out of DotD – so let’s head to the next step.
GIVE INDIVIDUAL ADVICE
SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
As soon as the recruit has joined our Kong guild chatroom, we should all try our best to provide some useful information to him/her. Ask for the current status of the recruit and give advice on:
- Autoleveling + LSI
- Redeem codes
- Soww (Steed of the Western Wold)
- Other available gear/legions and must-haves
- Questing and gear especially for questing
- Invasion/PvP in general, BSI
- Scrolls of Dahrizon quest to earn legion bonuses
- Premiums/PC use
- Gold and Land
- AP and KB
- Guildraids/Camps/Adventures and where to spend honor
- How to read the guild shop and what to get from there
- OS, FS, MS and what they’re needed for
- Raids to hit and for which amounts of damage (Mutiks comes in handy here). – insert links to raid guild lvl 1-300 and 301-500 – (we’re currently working on a list of raids to hit from lvl 1-300 and 301-500)
- Magic to be used and avoided
- Tagging for AP
- Remember to share raids with guild members first, before posting them to the world chat.
Keep an open ear for all questions the recruit might have – but DO redirect him/her to the guild forum (especially Grossom’s news thread) and Leon’s guide for the first 500 levels: http://tinyurl.com/LEON-n00b where it makes sense.
If you are a new member seeking advice, please contact an officer of your guild for more information!