I wrote this piece to inform you what my view is on the structure of the guild and why. I hope you ll take a minute to read and get what i m getting at.
What are permissions?
currently KGA has about 50% officers. I m guessing thats because the permissions were never optimalised. Due to old leaders being inactive or not knowledgeable about the options.
So let me explain the options:
These are the permissions within a guild. Every officer has all of them in KGA, and I m thinking… maybe a few are hardly used unless you re VERY invested in the guild. We have editing news and promoting / demoting/ kicking players. I think it would be benificial to have those permissions for a specific core group that wishes this responsibility.
Being an officer sucks… well it really does.. it does if you do it right: your job is more to facilitate others than to play yourself. Things that need to be done are:
- checking activity and recruiting
- updating news
- have talks with people who are very silent
- check profiles of players and give them advise via the guild tab when they are online
- choose which camps to summon and not based on what you need, but what is best for the guild
- communicate withing the Alliance chat and report bugs so it can be taken to the Devs
- solve conflicts when they occure
- redefine and update guild rules
- etc etc et-frigging cetra
did I mention being an officer sucks?
There is a psychological aspect that occurs when a group is too big; very few people take responsibility, because of the size of the group. This is called diffusion of responsibilities.
Quoting”…. it was found that a subject was much less likely to help someone having a seizure when the subject thought that at least one other subject was also hearing the individual have a seizure. The subject’s likeliness to help decreased with the number of other subjects (up to four) he or she thought were also listening to the seizure. Group size is a key factor to the diffusion of responsibility, as in a different study, it was additionally found that the probability of an individual volunteering to be a primary helper or leader also decreases as the size of the group grows.”
I personally think:
- the guild would grow greatly if the amount of officers was reduced to 12 active players.
- All players above level 500 should be soldiers, with all the current permissions, except Kicking and changing the news.
- All players over level 500 should have read the guild rules well, before being promoted.